I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. yay!
Thank you PurposeDrivenLife for the nomination
The rules of this award:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer
Answers to questions asked
1. People invest time and energy into developing their career, their bodies and their relationships, but often neglect their spiritual dimension of their lives.How do you actively pursue spiritual growth?
My blog is essentially the answer to this. I operate a simple service oriented business. I pray meditate and read scripture and hang with like minded humans.
2. What is your concept of God? Do you view Him positively or negatively?
God is impossible to describe conceptually. The greatest obstacle to finding God is the word, God. I view God positively.
3. How do you deal with people in your life that you don’t like?
I don’t, lols I do my best to treat them with loving kindness at best and ignore them at worst.
4. What are you most afraid of?
That people would find out what I’m really like, a wretched frightened lying thief, doing my best to maintain a facade of living a decent human existence. (only partially true)
5. What makes you smile?
Watching Canada Geese stop traffic on a busy boulevard.
6. What’s is your main reason why you write or blog?
I began as a place to express myself in a journal of sorts detailing my journey. I hope now though, that my writing of my experience might help others.
7. Do you believe in love at first sight?
My current views of real love would make that impossible. It takes more than sight.
8. What inspires you?
Nature in all of its violence and beauty
9. What is your motivation in relationships, pleasing yourself or serving others?
The happiness of my beloved. There is no other way.
10. How you spend your free time?
Reading, writing, riding my bike, continuing to get stuff put away from moving.
11. What does your perfect day look like?
It’s happening right now
Facts about me
- I’ll be 58 Next Friday
- I’m divorced with 2 daughters (not living with me) 14, and 10 years old
- I’ve only always just ended up doing what seemed the next thing to do professionally. Factory worker, Busboy/Bellman, Waiter, Navy deckhand, Ranch hand, Waiter, Cook, Culinary student, Chef, Baker, Pastry Chef, Property Appraiser, Unemployed, Construction Project Manager (Roofing) Property manager, Handyman. Self Employed Landscape maintenance.
- The opposite of risk averse.
- Covered with body hair except for my head, I’m nearly bald.
- I’m 5’8″ tall size 11 1/2 shoe, 32″ waist, 32″ inseam, 16 1/2″ x 32 Shirt
- Shorts, tropical shirt and topsiders are my preferred uniform.
- I have well over 50 tropical shirts, Reyn Spooner, Tommy Bahama and others
- I’m beginning to find this difficult.
- I love and live to serve God and others.
- I found that mildly annoying…Just kidding.
Please forgive me as I do not respond well to recognition. I would like to think that it is humility, but is likely shame oriented. I don’t feel I know enough about any of the bloggers I follow to hazard making any nominations. I felt I should play along to the extent that I did but that is all.